11 July 2012 at 18:30
at Oxford House, Derbyshire Street, London E2 6HG
Help us set the priorities for the health and well-being of LGBT people in Tower HamletsWe are pleased to welcome: Louise Russell – Head of Service, Equalities and Strategic Planning from the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, and Somen Banergee – NHS Director of Public Health. to hear from us LGBT perspectives on their new strategy for health and wellbeing. This covers an enormous range. Below we have listed some areas where we believe there are strong LGBT cultural needs We want to hear from you if you have any issues or experiences as an LGBT person whether or not you can attend the meeting. We intend to document our feedback. Please also let us know if you can think of any other headings too! Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org Family/School related issues
- Support for people coming out – sexual and trans identity, as young people, as adults, in BAME and in white communities
- Support/protection for same-sex parents, and for parents of children who are grappling with LGBT identity issues
- Child protection
- Domestic abuse /forced marriage /honour crime
Bullying in all contexts
Housing related issues
Care related needs
- For all ages in the home and in residential care accommodation
- From short term reablement after illness and longterm care packages
Cancer care and support managing chronic conditions
Smoking /drugs /alcohol related issues*
Mental health related issues
Sexual health related issues*
- Infection rates
- Sex workers
Promoting healthy living and activities among LGBT people
- Does normal data collection address LGBT need?
- What is the level of LGBT self-identification at present?
*Delivery managers for these areas have approached us separately and will also be present.